Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry and the Biogeochemical Systems Department invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher position to contribute to its CoMet mission.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Applicant must be skilled and motivated individual to contribute to this mission.
- To assist in flight planning during the mission, a greenhouse gas forecasting system is being developed, using the mesoscale WRF-GHG model.
- This modelling system can be further developed and applied to interpret the multiple data streams that will be provided by CoMet, including carbon isotope measurements and column-integrated remote sensing, both airborne and ground-based.
- This work is will contribute to the development of modelling capabilities to constrain anthropogenic fluxes of CO2 and CH4 using inverse modelling at regional scale.
- Active participation in the CoMet campaign is encouraged, testing and operating the continuous and flask-based air samplers and processing data.
Duration: The position is for 3 years and can begin any time.
Following to be in included with application:
- Cover letter describing the experience
- 3 reference letters
- List of publications
- Applications to be sent to Dr. habil. Christoph Gerbig at email@example.com
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry|
|Subject areas||Microbiology & Ecology, Earth Sciences and Climate Research, Biogeochemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|