Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry and the Biogeochemical Systems Department invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher position to contribute to its CoMet mission.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Applicant must be skilled and motivated individual to contribute to this mission.
- To assist in flight planning during the mission, a greenhouse gas forecasting system is being developed, using the mesoscale WRF-GHG model.
- This modelling system can be further developed and applied to interpret the multiple data streams that will be provided by CoMet, including carbon isotope measurements and column-integrated remote sensing, both airborne and ground-based.
- This work is will contribute to the development of modelling capabilities to constrain anthropogenic fluxes of CO2 and CH4 using inverse modelling at regional scale.
- Active participation in the CoMet campaign is encouraged, testing and operating the continuous and flask-based air samplers and processing data.
Duration: The position is for 3 years and can begin any time.
Following to be in included with application:
- Cover letter describing the experience
- 3 reference letters
- List of publications
- Applications to be sent to Dr. habil. Christoph Gerbig at email@example.com
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry|
|Subject areas||Microbiology & Ecology, Earth Sciences and Climate Research, Biogeochemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
- Address Germany