Max Planck Research Unit for Neurogenetics invites applications for a PhD student position in neurogenetics with emphasis on quantitative bio-imaging.
Selected candidate will learn the following:
- Advanced imaging modalities to study biological samples.
- Design and implementation of bio-image analysis workflows including data management, image analysis, and data mining.
- Computational imaging, analytical methodologies, and algorithms.
- Applicant must hold Diploma/Master’s degree in Biology (or related) or in Physics with a keen interest in biology.
- Applicant must have previous experience of working in a lab environment; interested in working with laboratory mice and must be highly motivated.
- Applicant must be capable of conducting independent research with a proactive attitude.
- Applicant must possess proficiency in English (both written and oral). Knowledge of German is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Applicants having experience in microscopy, image processing, image analysis, pattern classification, and data mining will have advantage.
- Programing experience will be an asset.
Applications must include:
- List of publications (if applicable)
- Contact details of 3 referees who are familiar with the candidate.
- Submit all materials preferably in electronic form as a single *pdf file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||Max Planck Research Unit for Neurogenetics|
Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics, Immunobiology and Infection Biology & Medicine, Neurosciences, Structural and Cell Biology
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 August 2017|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
Core Research Areas:
- Cultural Studies
- Ecology . Plant Research
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Developmental Biology
- Cognitive Science .
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Biology & Medicine
- Material & Technology
- Environment & Climate
- Address Germany
- MPIA Fellowship and Postdoctoral Research Positions: Astronomy & Astrophysics
- CAESAR- IMPRS: 15 PhD Positions (Neuroscience); Fully-funded
- Max Planck-ETH Center for Learning Systems: Multiple PhD Fellowships
- 2 PDF, Max Planck Instt: Quantum Chemistry
- MPI of Biochemistry: Postdoctoral Position – Immunology
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships