Medienbotschafter India Germany Journalism Fellowship: Medienbotschafter India Germany Journalism Fellowship
As a part of the ‘Medienbotschafter India – Germany’ program, excellent Indian journalists can now apply for a fellowship. Medienbotschafter means media ambassadors and expresses the program partners’ aim to strengthen international understanding between India and Germany through journalism exchange.
The program is an exchange program where Indian applicants will participate in a 1 month academic course at Center for Media Competence at the University of Tübinge and German fellows going to India will take part in an academic course and experience work and study placements in well-known television or online editorial, print and broadcasting departments.
The University of Tübingen, officially the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen is a public research university located in the city of Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg. It is one of Germany’s most famous and oldest universities.
Nationality: German and Indian applicants can apply for these fellowships.
Location: Germany and India
Level of Study: These fellowships are available for journalists
Subject Area: Journalism
Fellowship Details: These fellowships will cover the following:
- A monthly stipend of € 1.500
- Travel costs
- A chance to work in a German or an Indian newsroom
- An extensive cultural program
- Professional journalistic skill enhancement courses
- a field trip in Germany or India, respectively
- Applicants must be journalists.
- Several years of professional experience as a journalist (TV, radio, print, online)
- Applicants must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- German language skills would be an advantage
How to Apply: Applicants can apply online
- Resume with a current photo
- A letter of motivation of not more than one A4 page
- One detailed investigation plan which covers the topic, interview partners, schedule etc. for one of the journalistic projects the applicant would like to realize during his/her stay. It should not be more than one A4 page.
- The applicant also needs to suggest 2 further plans that one would like to work on during the stay.
- 3 work samples should be provided. If the applicant is a radio or TV journalist, the candidate should submit short descriptions or reviews of his/her production
The application deadline is:
- November 15th, 2017, for Indian applicants and
- March 31, 2018, for German applicants
|Organization||University of Tübinge|
|Fellowship Level||Exchange program|
|Fellowship Amount||Fully funded|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian and German journalists|
|Deadline||November 15th 2017 and March 31st 2018|
Further information about the program:
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (62)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships