2017 Mexican Government Scholarship Program for International Students
On behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) invites foreign citizens who are interested in studying for a specialization, master’s degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program, to participate in the 2018 Mexican Government Scholarship Program for International Students.
The scholarships are offered to more than 180 countries through a series of bilateral conventions, multilateral programs and special agreements. More than 70 Mexican institutions participate and all offer academic programs registered with the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) as National Quality Graduate Programs. These programs demonstrate the progress made by Mexico in the sciences and humanities
The scholarships are awarded annually for the following:
|Program||Maximum length of scholarship|
|Undergraduate and graduate mobility program||1 academic term (quarter, trimester or semester)|
|Graduate level research and postgraduate fellowships||12 months (1 month min.)|
|Masters degree||2 year|
|Doctorate||3-4 years accord. to the program|
|Medical specializations and sub-specializations||3 years|
Application Deadline: 28 September 2017
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD Degree as required by the program for which scholarship is requested.
- Minimum grade point average of 8.0 on scale of 0-10 or equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
- Candidate should be accepted or currently enrolled in a program of the participating Mexican Instituitions.
- Official nomination of his/her Government
- Application form dully filled and including his digital photograph.
- Statement of purpose indicating the reason for which the applicant is interested in studying or conducting research in Mexico.
- Acceptance letter from host instituition
- Birth certificate
- Copy of the highest degree received
- Copy of transcript of the last degree held showing grade point
- Copy of passport
- For research grants, candidates submit a proof that he/she has finished the masters degree or is currently enrolled in masters or PhD program
- Candidates who are already in Mexico must have a current immigration document with a Temporary resident Student Visa.
- Original Medical certificate
- Acceptance letter for the general terms and conditions of the program, handwritten and signatured by the candidate.
- four recent original photographs
|Organization||Mexican Government Scholarship Program|
|Level||Graduate, Postgraduate, Doctorate|
|Deadline||23 September 2016|