MIREES – Master’s degree Program: Call for application to Master’s Degree in Interdisciplinary Research and Studies on Eastern Europe (MIREES).
The degree programme offers interdisciplinary, in-depth knowledge of post-socialist countries in transition, new EU member states, and new East-European neighbor countries to Italian and international students. MIREES is suited for students with a BA in Economics, Politics, International Relations, History, Languages, agricultural studies and cultural studies in general as well as for potential PhD students. Students develop language skills by learning one Eastern European language (3 levels of Russian, Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, Bulgarian, Lithuanian, Slovak; Hungarian is available in the second year).
Enrolled students spend the first year in Forlì Campus, University of Bologna. In the second year a minimum of 5 months will be spent at one of the Partner Universities or, in particular cases, at other Mirees associated Universities (Universities of Zagreb and Ljubljana, Bogazici in Istanbul and ADA in Baku). Mobility grant is offered to all enrolled students, thanks to Erasmus and the MIREES mobility scheme.
For admission to the MIREES students must have:
- a First Cycle Degree (see the link below for the details on the accepted qualifications);
- a minimum of B2 Level knowledge of English, according the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (TOEFL computer-based of at least 213 points or TOEFL paper-based of at least 550 points or TOEFL Internet-based of at least 79 points; IELTS of at least 6.0 points; FCE – B; a B2 level certificate in English released by a University Language Centre). This attestation is not required to English mother-tongue speakers and to candidates who obtained a first-cycle degree in a anglo-saxon Universities;
- a suitable personal preparation, assessed on the basis of the documents submitted by the candidates
- basic IT skills.
Two evaluation sessions are scheduled per year:
- Ist evaluation session, with deadline 13 May 2017 for applying and submitting documents, open to all candidates (EU students and non-EU students with equivalent status; non-EU students residing abroad);
- IInd evaluation session, with deadline September 15 September 2017 for applying and submitting documents, normally for EU students and non-EU students with equivalent status. Non EU candidates are allowed to apply for the second evaluation session provided that they have complied with the pre-enrolment procedure at the Italian Embassy and in case there will be unfilled places for non-EU candidates after the first evaluation session.
How to apply
The evaluation of a suitable candidate is carried out by a joint international Examining Board on the basis of the documents submitted by candidates. The required documents are
- Application form (please download from Studentionline) and a motivation letter
- Provisional study plan (form download from Studentionline)
- Graduation certificates with a list of exams passed
- Two reference letters
- English certificate of B2 level among IELTS, TOEFL, FCE, a certificate issued by a University Language Centre
|Organization||University of Bologna, MIREES Programme|
|Subject areas||Economics, Politics, International Relations, History, Languages, agricultural studies|
|Deadline||Applications accepted twice a year|
For further information: CLICK
Apply for job
University of Bologna: The University of Bologna has a Multicampus structure, ensuring the opportunity to learn and promoting stable research activities throughout the region, aiming to improve the operations and quality of life for the university community.
- Cesena Campus
- Forlì Campus
- Ravenna Campus
- Rimini Campus
- Representación en la República Argentina
Agricultural and Food Sciences - DISTAL Agricultural Sciences - DipSA Architecture - DA Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences - BiGeA Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences - DIBINEM Chemistry «Giacomo Ciamician» - CHIM Civil, Chemical, Environmental, and Materials Engineering - DICAM Classical Philology and Italian Studies - FICLIT Computer Science and Engineering - DISI Cultural Heritage - DBC Economics - DSE Education Studies «Giovanni Maria Bertin» - EDU Electrical, Electronic, and Information Engineering «Guglielmo Marconi» - DEI Experimental, Diagnostic and Specialty Medicine - DIMES History and Cultures - DiSCi Industrial Chemistry «Toso Montanari» - CHIMIND Industrial Engineering - DIN Interpreting and Translation - DIT Legal Studies - DSG Management - DiSA Mathematics - MAT Medical and Surgical Sciences - DIMEC Modern Languages, Literatures, and Cultures - LILEC Pharmacy and Biotechnology - FaBiT Philosophy and Communication Studies - FILCOM Physics and Astronomy - DIFA Political and Social Sciences - SPS Psychology - PSI Sociology and Business Law - SDE Statistical Sciences «Paolo Fortunati» - STAT The Arts - DARvipem Veterinary Medical Sciences - DIMEVET
- Address Italy