Research Group “Sleep and Waking” (PD Dr. Henrik Bringmann) at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry is inviting applications for a PhD Student or Postdoc “control and functions of sleep”.
About the position:
- The group is looking for a Doctoral student or Postdoc to work on the mechanisms by which sleep neurons control sleep and the mechanisms of how sleep becomes restorative.
- Projects are possible for projects in both control and functions of sleep. Projects are possible that use either elegans or mouse as a model, or both.
- Methods and approaches used will be molecular genetics, functional imaging, electrophysiology, and optogenetics.
- For a PhD student position: applicant must hold a Master’s (or equivalent) degree in Life Science.
- For Postdoc: applicant must hold a PhD in Life Science and must have some background in at least one of the above-mentioned animal models.
Applications must include the following:
- List of publications (if applicable)
- 2-4 references with contact names and addresses familiar with the work of the candidate.
- Submit all materials preferably in electronic form (as one single PDF file) via e-mail quoting the reference to the code number (Job code 28-17) to email@example.com.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry|
|Subject areas||Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics, Neurosciences, Structural and Cell Biology, Chemistry, Particle, Plasma and Quantum Physics, Life Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||July, 31st 2017|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
- Address Germany
PhD All Country, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Open for all countries, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States