Max Planck Institute (MPI) for Molecular Genetics and the Max Planck Research Group “Epigenomics” Headed by Dr. Ho-Ryun Chung invites application for a PhD position. The group combines both experimental and computational approaches to unravel the impact of chromatin structure and modifications on transcriptional regulation. The group offers an interdisciplinary environment to complement existing skills in experimental or computational analyses.
- Applicant must be a motivated team player with strong communication skills.
- Applicant must have basic understanding of statistical and bioinformatic methods as well as fluency in programming languages, such as C++, perl, python and especially R.
- Applicant must possess experience in the analysis of Next-Generation-Sequencing data, especially ChIP and RNA-seq data (not mandatory).
Duration: initially for 8 months (October 2017 until June 2018) will be with the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics; and starting July 2018, the applicant will receive a new contract valid until 30 September 2019, with the possibility of an extension from the University of Marburg.
Application must include:
- Cover letter
- Publication list
- Statement of research interests
- Applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics|
|Subject areas||Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics,
Immunobiology, Infection Biology & Medicine
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||20 August 2017|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
- Address Germany
- MPI of Molecular Physiology: Postdoc Position
- MPI for Ornithology: Postdoctoral Grant; Comparative Cognition
- MPI for Chemical Ecology: 5 PhD positions; Molecular and Chemical Ecology
- MPI for Biophysical Chemistry: PhD or Postdoc researcher
- MPI of Microstructure Physics: Scientist for FIB/SEM applications
PhD All Country, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Open for all countries, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States