University of Freiburg with Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics invites applications for a PhD position in the group of Thomas Manke.
Duration: 3 year appointment.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Selected candidate will be part of a newly established research training group (MeInBio), which aims at a dual education in bioinformatics and wet laboratory methods to explore the spatiotemporal dynamics of gene regulation using high-throughput and high-resolution methods.
- The project aims at understanding the genome organization during neuronal differentiation at high resolution.
- Detailed molecular maps of histone modifications, chromatin states and chromatin conformation in 3D will be generated, analyzed and interpreted.
- Applicants must hold MSc/Diploma in Life sciences, with a strong computational component (Mater’s in Bioinformatics or Informatics will be considered, if they can demonstrate practical expertise with molecular biology techniques).
- Applicant must be highly motivated, having strong interest in interdisciplinary research and the desire to work at the interface of epigenetics, neuroscience and bioinformatics.
- Applicant must possess fluency in English (both written and spoken).
- Submit complete application via application platform until September 11th, 2017.
- Application must include:
- Statement of research interests
- 2 referees must send recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics
Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics, Immunobiology and Infection Biology & Medicine
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||11th September 2017|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
Core Research Areas:
- Cultural Studies
- Ecology . Plant Research
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Developmental Biology
- Cognitive Science .
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Biology & Medicine
- Material & Technology
- Environment & Climate
- Address Germany