MPI of Immunobiology and Epigenetics invites applications for the position of a Scientist, Bioinformatician to start as soon as possible for an initial period of 2 years, with the possibility of extension.
Tasks and Responsibilities of Bioinformatician:
- Responsibilities include the development, comparison and testing of software solutions for the analysis of deep-sequencing data.
- In close interaction with the experimental partners, scientist will provide algorithmic solutions to their analyses and data interpretation.
- Selected candidate will also help with established training programs and help our partners with experimental design, quality control and the analysis of genome-wide data.
- Applicant must be motivated team player with strong communication skills and the desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Applicant must have proven experience with deep-sequencing analysis and specific computational skills.
- Applicant must hold PhD degree or MSc with relevant work experience in bioinformatics or in a related field.
- Applicant must possess experience with analysis of genome-wide data
- Applicant must possess very good command of English language
Salary: Salary will be based on previous experience according to TVöD guidelines.
- Submit complete application with the following materials:
- Cover letter
- Contact details of referees
- Apply directly via the online application portal
Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics
Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics, Immunobiology and Infection Biology & Medicine, Bioinformatics
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||2 May 2017|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
- Address Germany