NIMS postdoctoral researcher position: NIMS postdoctoral researcher position
NIMS stands for National institute for Materials Science.
NIMS aims to become the world’s leading materials research institute. It constantly is recruiting people with the real ability and motivation to contribute to this mission.
Available Position: Postdoctoral Researcher
Type of position: Fixed Term
Number of Available Positions: 1
Organization: Research Center for Functional Materials
Subject area: Researches on synthesis and characterization of crystalline complex compounds. In particular, this position is for chemical and physical functionalisation of crystalline compounds involving metal-cluster-complexes from the viewpoint of inorganic chemistry and crystal chemistry.
The applicant should have a PhD degree in the field of:
- materials science
- electrical engineering or
- Related field of science and engineering
The applicants with an experience in:
- Simulation of electronic structures via first-principle calculations.
- Synthesis of complex-compounds via soli-state-reaction or wet-chemical route
- Crystallization and modification of complex compounds.
- Characterization of electronic structures via electron spectroscopy
Starting Date of the term: 1st October, 2017. The starting date is negotiable
End date of the term: 31st March, 2018. The contract can be extended up to 3 years in total
Location: National Institute for Materials Science, Namiki-site (Tsukuba city, Ibaraki)
- 7 hours 45 minutes a day (negotiable as the flex-time system)
- Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays would be holidays
Remuneration: as per NIMS regulations. Commuting allowance and national insurance would also be provided.
- Curriculum Vitae with the applicant´s photo
- Summary of the PhD work and research accomplishments. It should be up to three A4 pages
- List of publications
- Reprints of feasible paper: PDF files of no more than 3 papers
- Name, affiliation, and contact details of at least two referees
- The documents should be emailed to: OHASHI.Naok@nims.go.jp
- Short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews after document screening.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2017
|Fellowship Level||Postdoctoral Research position|
|Fellowship Amount||As per NIMS norms|
|Eligibility||Open for all|
|Deadline||31st August 2017|
Dr. Naoki Ohashi
Research Center for Functional Materials
National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS)
1-1 Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0044 Japan
The research carried out at NIMS has two aspects, science and engineering. The goal of engineering research is to find ways to produce useful materials, while scientific research seeks to discover the physical principles underlying the properties of matter. NIMS specializes in carrying out research on materials. Our materials research is managed with the perspective of the next generation, in line with our theme “Materials research for creating tomorrow”.
- Address Japan