NSF -Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)
The aim of the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) is to encourage the vitality and diversity of the scientific and engineering workforce of the US. The program acknowledges and supports outstanding graduate students who are willing to pursue research-based master’s and doctoral degrees in science, engineering, technology, and mathematics (STEM). The GRFP provides funds for the 3 years for the graduate education of individuals who have demonstrated their potential for significant research achievements in STEM or STEM education.
Type of Award: Fellowship
Estimated Number of Awards: 2,000
Duration: Each Fellowship consists of three years of support during a five-year fellowship period.
Funding Amount: $138,000 Per award (Fellowship)
- Applicants must self-certify that they are eligible to receive the Fellowship.
- Applicants must be United States citizen, national, or permanent resident by the application deadline.
- Applicants must not be previously awarded a Fellowship from the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program and accepted it.
- Applicants who have completed the requirements for any graduate or professional degree by August 1 of the year the application is submitted.
- Applicants who have completed a joint baccalaureate-master’s (BS/MS) program and have not completed any further graduate study outside the joint program are not eligiblie to apply.
- Applicants can not apply that have had an interruption in graduate study of at least two consecutive years prior to November 1 of the year the application is submitted.
- Current NSF employees can not apply.
Application Preparation and Submission
- October 24, 2017- Life Sciences, Geosciences
- October 25, 2017- Computer and information Science and Engineering, Engineering, Materials Research
- October 27, 2017- Psychology, Social Sciences, STEM Education and Learning
- October 28, 2017- Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy Mathematical Sciences,
How to Apply: Fellowship applications must be submitted by the applicants through online Fastlane. Applicants must first register with FastLane (https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/fastlane.jsp). Confirmation of acceptance in a graduate degree program in science or engineering is required at the time of Fellowship acceptance, no later than May 1 of year the award is accepted. Selected Fellows must enroll in a university, college, or non-profit academic institution of higher education accredited in, and having a campus situated in United States, its territories, or possessions, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico that offers advanced degrees in STEM or STEM education no later than fall of the year the award is accepted.
|Subject areas||Science, Technology, Engineering and mathematics disciplines|
|Salary||$138,000 Per award|
For further information: CLICK