NZIDRS: Applications are accepted for the 2017 Round of the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS). NZIDRS is a Government funded scholarship program of New Zealand.
Type: For talented international researchers. The scholarship provides full tuition fees & a living stipend for upto 3 years.
NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of 3 years (36 months):
- Annual tuition fees and associated student levies
- Annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax free)
- Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually
Who Can Apply?
- Hold a min. grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in most recent or highest post-graduate tertiary qualification
- Must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD program at the mentioned New Zealand university
- Applicant must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- Must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
Recipients can undertake PhD study at any of New Zealand’s 8
- UniversitiesAUT University,
- Lincoln University,
- Massey University,
- University of Auckland,
- University of Canterbury,
- University of Otago,
- University of Waikato,
- Victoria University of Wellington.
Last date: 30th August 2017
How to Apply
- Download and complete an NZIDRS Application Form (available below)
- Answer all questions by completing all fields and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand. Applications must be received by 30th August 2017.
|Organization||New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship|
|Subject areas||All disciplines covered by the mentioned universities|
|Salary||Fee waivers, Stipend and other expenses|
|Eligibility||Masters degree; International students|
|Deadline||30th August 2017|