The Obama Foundation offers the Obama Foundation Fellowship Program and invite applications outstanding civic innovators from around the world in order to amplify the impact of their work and to inspire a wave of civic innovation.
About the fellowship:
- The Fellows will be a diverse set of community-minded rising stars – organizers, inventors, artists, entrepreneurs, journalists, and more – who are altering the civic engagement landscape.
- By engaging their fellow citizens to work together in new and meaningful ways, Obama Foundation Fellows will model how any individual can become an active citizen in their community.
- The fellowship will offer hands-on training, resources, and leadership development.
- Fellows will also participate in four multi-day gatherings where they will collaborate with each other, connect with potential partners, and collectively push their work forward.
- Each Fellow will pursue a personalized plan to leverage Fellowship resources to take their work to the next level.
Number of fellowships: 20
Duration: 2 year, non-residential Fellowship
Requirements: the foundation is looking for:
- Civic innovators
- Discipline diverse
- At a tipping point in their work
- Talented, but not connected
- Good humans
- Applicants must be 18 or older
- Applications are invited from all over the world regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, military discharge status, citizenship status or source of income or any other protected status.
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Subject areas||All disciplines; Social Work|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||6th October 2017|