A postdoctoral research position with a strong focus on analytical chemistry is available in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering/Department of Chemistry at the University of Alberta under professor Gamal El-Din/Dr. James Harynuk.
|Organization||University of Alberta|
|Subject areas||Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Chemical or Environmental Engineering|
|Salary||As per University norms|
|Eligibility||PhD in Chemistry|
|Deadline||Open until filled|
Research Project: Key involvements –
- Multidisciplinary research projects related to fundamental understanding of chemical and biological water treatment applications.
- Analysis and separation of both emerging contaminants and oil sands process water compounds in highly complex matrices
- Understanding and influence of advanced treatment processes of these waters.
Key requirements / Qualification-
Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Chemical or Environmental Engineering, or related fields with a strong background in analytical chemistry.
- Experience with chemometrics, data processing and MATLAB.
- The candidate in this position will work between the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (Dr. Mohamed Gala El-Din) and Department of Chemistry (Dr. James Harynuk).
- Candidates with experience and hands on skills with instruments such as UPLC and Q-TOF-MS are particularly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply:
The application should consist of a –
- Cover letter,
- Curriculum vitae,
- 1-2 reprint(s) of your most significant contributions to research (max 15 pages),
- Contact information of two references.
Applications will be accepted and considered immediately.
Mohamed Gamal El-Din, Ph.D., P.Eng.
NSERC Senior Industrial Research Chair in Oil Sands Tailings Water Treatment
James Harynuk, Ph.D.
TMIC PI email@example.com
Closing date: Position open until filled
Apply for job
Canada: University of Alberta
- Department Specific Awards
- Alberta Innovates Technology Futures (AITF)
- Andrew Stewart Prize
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s (CGS-M) Competition
- Doctoral Tri-Council Scholarships
- Dr. Gary McPherson Leadership Scholarship
- FGSR Graduate Travel Awards
- Graduate Student Scholarship (Master’s)
- Graduate Student Teaching Awards
- Indigenous Graduate Award
- Killam Trust Scholarships
- Mackenzie King Scholarships
- Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplement
- NSERC IPS Industrial Postgraduate Scholarship (Renewals Only)
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
- Program Completion Awards
- Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship
- Recruitment Scholarship Competitions
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship: University Of Alberta
- 30 Postdoc Opportunities: University of Alberta
- 2 Postdoctoral Position in Biochemistry or Biophysics, Canada
- 2 Postdoc Position in Antibody Engineering (Pharmaceutical Biotechnology), Canada
- Postdoc position in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, University of Alberta, Canada