PG (Post Graduate) merit scholarship for University rank holders is offered by University Grants Commission (UGC). This scholarship is for a period of two years to enable the rank holders of each university at undergraduate level to pursue their Master’s Degree. All universities/degree awarding institutions would be required to issue rank certificates to the toppers of the university in B.A./B.Sc./B.Com.
- Ist & IInd Rank holders at UG level and admitted in any PG Course are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicant will have to submit the evidence of their merit position at UG level as well as their admission in PG courses.
- Applicant must have secured a minimum of 60% marks at UG level.
- Applicant must have enrolled in PG Degree for the first time only.
- Age: max 30 years at the time of admission in PG course.
- Distance mode of education will not be considered under the scheme.
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences
Number of scholarship: total number of scholarships in the first academic year would be 3000.
Duration of scholarship: 2 years only; not be extendable beyond two years, under any circumstances.
- Scholarship of Rs.2,000/- per month for a period of two years (i.e. 10 months in a year).
- IInd year grant will be released after receiving Utilization Certificate and statement of expenditure along with the progress report of the Ist year.
- No other additional grants will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- Application must be submitted only through ONLINE MODE.
- Attested copy of university UG degree.
- Matriculation certificate
- Verification certificate by the institute where, students has taken admission to First Year Postgraduate Course.
- Prescribed format of provisional Rank certificate from the university or autonomous college.
|Organization||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Social Sciences, Commerce, Languages
|Fellowship amount||Rs 2000/m|
|Eligibility||Oen for Indian nationals|
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, India: UGC governs the central and state universities of India along with various research labs and centers. It is the major funding agency by the government of India.
Scholarship/Fellowship by UGC University Grants Commission:
1. Emeritus Fellowship
2. Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship In Humanities And Social Sciences
3. Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates
4. Post Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates
5. Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences
6. Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC Candidate
7. National Fellowship for Higher Education of ST Students
8. National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities
9. Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students
10. National Fellowship for OBC Candidate
11. Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
12. Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder
13. Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates
14. "Ishan Uday" for North Eastern Region
15. Research Awards for the Teachers
16. Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research for Indian Scholars in USA
17. Major Research Project (MRP)
18. Special Assitance Programme (SAP)
19. Minor Research Project For UGC Regional Office
- Address India