Department of Management, Technology and Economics (D-MTEC) at ETH Zurich invites applications for a PhD Position in Economics
About the project:
- The main focus is on theoretical and conceptual research.
- To analyze short- and long-term economic and political problems, and develop policy guidelines.
- Research comprises the area M (Macroeconomic Thinking and Economic Policy), area I (Innovation, the Engines of Growth and Long-term Well-being), area P (Design of New Organizations/Institutions and their Foundations) and the special area (Banking and Financial Stability).
- Applicant must hold a master’s degree in economics, mathematics, physics or related areas and have graduated with grades in the top five percent of his/her class.
- Applicant must demonstrate interest in one the relevant topics.
- Applicant must possess fluency in English and very good writing skills.
Value: The remunerations will be in accordance with the regulations of ETH Zurich.
Starting date: flexible.
- Submit application online. Following materials are required:
- Short application letter
- High school and university grade transcripts with a description of the grading system
- two referees or reference letters with contact information (if available)
|Subject areas||Economics, Mathematics, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
ETH Zurich, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, is a leading player in research and education in Switzerland and worldwide. ETH Zurich’s 16 departments offer Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs in engineering and natural sciences. The language of instruction in the Bachelor programs is German, whereas English is the common languge on the graduate level. All degree programs provide a solid scientific foundation combined with outstanding all-round skills, equipping ETH graduates with the abilities and flexibility needed for a career in industry, business or the public sector, as entrepreneur or scientist.
- Address Switzerland