The Exercise Physiology Lab at the Institute of Human Movement Sciences and Sport, Department of Health Sciences and Technology, at ETH Zurich has an open Phd position in Stem cell biology. The position is available in Prof. Christina M. Spengler.
About the position/research:
- The research project addresses the mechanisms by which adult human stem and progenitor cells, needed e.g. for tissue repair, are mobilized into circulation by physical exercise, including factors such as obesity and ageing.
- A better understanding of these processes of mobilization, function and apoptosis will then allow designing individually tailored, most effective physical training programs.
- This project will run in strong collaboration with other ETH research groups and it will start as soon as possible.
- Applicant must hold MSc or equivalent in (Human) Biology, (Exercise) Physiology, or a degree in Medicine.
- Applicant must have excellent academic qualifications and good communication skills in English and knowledge of German.
- Applicant must possess experience in most common techniques in cell and molecular biology, medicine, or human Research is a plus.
- Apply online. Application must include:
- Cover letter describing research experience, scientific and professional career goals and that indicates the ideal starting date for the applicant.
- Academic transcript with a list of courses (including grades)
- Contact information of 3 academic referees.
|Subject areas||Biology, (Exercise) Physiology, Medicine|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
ETH Zurich, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, is a leading player in research and education in Switzerland and worldwide. ETH Zurich’s 16 departments offer Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs in engineering and natural sciences. The language of instruction in the Bachelor programs is German, whereas English is the common languge on the graduate level. All degree programs provide a solid scientific foundation combined with outstanding all-round skills, equipping ETH graduates with the abilities and flexibility needed for a career in industry, business or the public sector, as entrepreneur or scientist.
- Address Switzerland