The Faculty of Biosciences, Department of Plant Sciences at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) invites applications for a PhD scholarship in Environmental control of flowering and growth in ever-bearing strawberry cultivars.
Duration: 3 year
About the Research Project:
- The scholarship-project concerns fundamental and applied aspects of the physiological regulation of flowering and dormancy in ever-bearing strawberry cultivars to give a timely and large yield of a good berry quality in a Nordic climate.
- The PhD student will take part, and be responsible for, experiments in plastic tunnels and climate chambers, using available analytic tools.
- Applicant must have an academically relevant education corresponding to a five-year Norwegian degree programme, where 120 credits are at master’s degree level.
- Applicant must have a documented strong academic background from previous studies
- Applicant must possess and provide evidence to document proficiency in both written and oral English (additional knowledge to written and oral Norwegian will be prioritized).
- Applicant must hold MSc degree in Plant Sciences, with emphasis on food crops and horticulture
- Applicant must some experience in microscopy, preferably SEM
- Applications to be submitted online with the following documents:
- Letter of intent
- Full publication list
- Copies of degree certificates
- Transcripts of academic records (all certified)
- Name, contact with phone numbers and e-mail addresses of two persons who may act as references.
- Quote reference number 17/04038
|Organization||Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)|
|Subject areas||Bio sciences, Plant Science, Environmental Science|
|Fellowship amount||As per the regulations|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||23 October 2017|
Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) research is enabling people all over the world to tackle the big, global challenges regarding the environment, sustainable development, how to improve human and animal health, renewable energy sources, food production, and land- and resource management.
Centers and Laboratories at NMBU
- Address Norway
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (62)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships