The Faculty of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resource Management (MINA) at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) invite applications for a PhD position within environmental sciences.
Duration: 3 year
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Organize and carry out field work in 10 lakes in Southeastern Norway. Collaborate with local water authorities to secure access to all available data and knowledge on the studied lake ecosystems.
- Coordinate and carry out lab work. Assisted by supervisors and lab personnel, the successful candidate will carry out HPLC analysis of sediment pigments, qPCR analysis of sediment DNA and infrared spectroscopic characterization of sediment organic matter.
- Adapt and run existing mathematical models to reconstruct thermal stratification and watercolor.
- Coordinate dissemination project results. The successful candidate will be the main author of most/all research papers. We also expect that the PhD student will take part in result communications with local water managers.
- Participate in supervision of master students in G. semen ecology.
- The successful candidate must submit a PhD education plan to be approved by MINA within the first months of appointment, and complete the PhD within the PhD scholarship period.
- Applicant must have a degree equivalent to five-year Norwegian degree programme, where 120 credits are at master’s degree level.
- Applicant must have evident strong academic background from previous studies.
- Applicant must be able to document proficiency in English (both written and oral).
Required Academic qualifications:
- Strong educational background in natural sciences
- Desired Academic qualifications
- Education in ecology and/or in limnology
- Education/experience in organic chemistry and/or DNA analysis
- Basic education/experience in mathematical modelling
- Apply online. Applications must include:
- Letter of intent
- Full publication list
- Copies of degree certificates and transcripts of academic records (all certified),
- 2 references (with phone numbers and e-mail addresses).
- Publications must be included electronically within the application deadline.
|Organization||Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)|
|Subject areas||Environmental Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 July 2017|
Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) research is enabling people all over the world to tackle the big, global challenges regarding the environment, sustainable development, how to improve human and animal health, renewable energy sources, food production, and land- and resource management.
Centers and Laboratories at NMBU
- Address Norway
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,133)
- Europe (830)
- United Kingdom (537)
- Germany (501)
- United States (472)
- Norway (245)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (231)
- Denmark (194)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (167)
- Italy (144)
- Canada (98)
- France (98)
- Spain (96)
- Japan (82)
- Belgium (73)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (67)
- Austria (43)
- New Zealand (43)
- Singapore (40)
- China (40)
- Poland (36)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(128)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(55)
- Research Associate(336)
- Research Awards(285)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(366)
- Travel Grants(62)