Pioneer Fellowships are granted to an individual or groups of individuals aiming to independently develop a highly pioneering product or service to be exploited commercially and/or for the benefit of society.
These fellowships the result of a competitive process to make sure the innovation potential of the successful application. The fellowships are not granted for basic research, but must be based on the applicants own, previous research.
Number of Fellowships: 02/year
- Applicants must have obtained master or a doctoral degree from the ETH Zurich at the time of the proposed starting date of the fellowship.
- Applicants may submit up to 6 months ahead of their graduation, but proposals must be submitted no later than 6 months after receiving the master’s or PhD.
- Applicants who have completed a postdoc stay at the ETH Zurich and whose application is based on work accomplished during the stay will be considered (in exceptional cases).
- Applications have to be presented together by the applicant and the host who must be an ETH Zurich Professor.
The Fellows are expected to start their fellowship at latest 6 months after submitting the application.
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the on-line system.
- The cover sheet of the online-application does not need to be uploaded, but a signed copy must be sent to ETH transfer, Room HG E48, 8092 Zurich.
- The corresponding submission deadlines are March 1st and Sep 1st of each year.
|Fellowship Level||Research award|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||01 September and 01 March every year|
ETH Zurich, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, is a leading player in research and education in Switzerland and worldwide. ETH Zurich’s 16 departments offer Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs in engineering and natural sciences. The language of instruction in the Bachelor programs is German, whereas English is the common languge on the graduate level. All degree programs provide a solid scientific foundation combined with outstanding all-round skills, equipping ETH graduates with the abilities and flexibility needed for a career in industry, business or the public sector, as entrepreneur or scientist.
- Address Switzerland
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,092)
- Europe (781)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (484)
- United States (444)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (156)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (94)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships