Postdoctoral position in experimental condensed matter physics at the Faculty of Science – Institute of Physics, optical spectroscopy lab at the van der Waals – Zeeman institute for experimental physics at the University of Amsterdam.
Salary indication: €3,111 to €4,084 gross per month
Deadline: 31 October 2017
Hours: 38 hours per week
Vacancy number: 17-448
- The successful applicant will become a member of the QuSoft research and will explore the application of concepts from quantum information theory to the experimental investigation of highly entangled states in strongly correlated electron systems.
- He/she is expected to benefit from close collaborations with researchers from a variety of disciplines (computational physics, mathematics and information science)
- Candidates should have a strong background in (experimental) strongly correlated electron physics.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in optical spectroscopy or experience with closely related spectroscopic techniques such as ARPES or STM.
For informal enquiries about the position please contact: Erik van Heumen
- The appointment will be for the duration of two (02) years.
- The monthly gross salary will range between €3,111 and € 4,084
- It is a full-time appointment.
- We offer a pension scheme, a holiday allowance of 8% per year, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and flexible employment conditions.
Applications must include:
- a curriculum vitae.
- a motivation letter that explains why you have chosen to apply for this specific position with a statement of your research experience and interests and how these relate to this project.
- a list of publications (or link to Google Scholar profile).
- Title and summary of your PhD thesis.
- (URLs pointing to) your top two publications.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been identified. (Formal closing date: 31 October 2017).
|Organization||University of Amsterdam (UvA)|
|Subject areas||Physics (experimental condensed matter physics)|
|Fellowship||€3,111 to €4,084 gross per month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 October 2017 (Open until filled)|
The University of Amsterdam is one of Europe’s most prominent research-led universities. It is a modern institution with a long and rich history dating from 1632.
Graduate Schools and Colleges
Teaching at the UvA is incorporated in Graduate Schools (Master’s study programmes and the teaching part of PhD programmes) and Colleges (Bachelor’s study programmes).
These fall under one of the seven UvA faculties. Amsterdam University College (AUC), an educational institute of the UvA and VU University Amsterdam, is the only exception to this rule. In addition, there is one university educational institute: the Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies.
|Economics and Business|
|Faculty of Dentistry (ACTA)|
|Faculty of Humanities|
|Faculty of Law|
|Faculty of Medicine (AMC)|
|Faculty of Science|
|Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences|
- Address Netherlands
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,132)
- Europe (829)
- United Kingdom (535)
- Germany (501)
- United States (471)
- Norway (245)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (231)
- Denmark (194)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (166)
- Italy (144)
- Canada (98)
- France (97)
- Spain (96)
- Japan (82)
- Belgium (73)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (67)
- Austria (43)
- New Zealand (43)
- China (40)
- Singapore (39)
- Poland (36)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(128)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(55)
- Research Associate(335)
- Research Awards(285)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(365)
- Travel Grants(62)