Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) invites applications for a Postdoctoral position in Psycholinguistics at the Language Acquisition and Language Processing (LALP) Lab, Department of Language and Literature
About the position:
- The LALP Lab is looking to appoint a postdoctoral researcher with expertise in experimental design, and in recording and analyzing EEG/ERP data on language processing in infants, children or adults.
- Applicants with a computational modeling background, who are willing to apply their skills to modeling language-related neural processes and EEG/ERP signals will also be considered.
- The postdoc position is funded by the Research Council of Norway (NFR) and is part of the project ORIGO Origins of Semantic Composition in Early Cognitive Development, led by Giosuè Baggio.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- design experiments and recruit participants
- collect and analyse data, and write up results for publication
- participate in workshops and conferences, both nationally and internationally
- participate in dissemination activities and events connected to ORIGO or the Lab
Starting date: January 15, 2018
- Applicant must hold a PhD degree in cognitive (neuro)science, psychology, linguistics or equivalent
- Applicant must possess expertise either in experimental research on language, preferably using EEG/ERPs, or in computational research on language, preferably on modeling EEG or ERP data on language comprehension
- Applicant must have an active research portfolio, as testified by publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Applicant must possess relevant programming skills (e.g., Matlab, R), as well as specific expertise in statistical analyses of large, multi-dimensional experimental or simulated data sets
- Applicant must possess skills in research communication (writing, conference presentation) in English.
- Applicant with knowledge of a Scandinavian language will have advantage.
- Applications to be submitted electronically and must be marked with the file number for the position HF17-040. The application must include the following:
- Motivation letter;
- CV with information about education, training and previous employment
- List of all publications, invited talks, conference presentations, posters etc.
- 3 References with names and addresses
- Certified copies of certificates and diplomas;
- Details of pedagogical qualifications in accordance with the relevant guidelines
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Subject areas||Cognitive (Neuro)Science, Psychology, Linguistics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 15, 2017.|
NTNU has the main responsibility for higher education in technology in Norway, and it is the country’s premier institution for the education of engineers. The university offers several programmes of professional study and a broad academic curriculum in the natural sciences, social sciences, teacher education, humanities, medicine and health sciences, economics, finance and administration, as well as architecture and the arts.
- Address Norway
PhD All Country, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Open for all countries, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States