Postdoc Researcher in chiral nano-optics (Theoretical and experimental) at the Department of Applied Physics
Reference number: V34.3000
- This project involve the theoretical and experimental understanding of optical chirality at the nanoscale.
- The developments will enable new ways to interact with and characterize chiral objects like molecules and spins in semiconductors.
- The project deals partly with the novel degrees of freedom of electrons in layered semiconductors such as MoS2.
- The spin, valley, and layer properties can be directly accessed using circularly polarized light, thus opening unprecedented possibilities for new physics and devices.
Department: Photonics and Semiconductor Nanophysics group, under supervision of Dr. Alberto G. Curto.
You will lead research that is both .
About TU/e and the PSN group
PSN is part of the Institute for Photonic Integration, which recently won a prestigious NWO Gravitation grant for interdisciplinary research into integrated photonics, encompassing research into novel photonic materials, devices and systems.
Requirements / Qulifications:
- The candidate should hold (or expect to obtain very soon) a PhD degree in Physics or Electrical Engineering in a closely related discipline.
- Strong background in Nano-Optics/Nanophotonics, Metamaterials, Plasmonics, Optical Physics, Optical Chirality, or 2D materials, as demonstrated by publications.
- Experience in at least one of these topics is required.
- Independenceand a dynamic character to lead a project to completion.
- The successful candidate has excellent team-working and communication skills.
- A full-time appointment for two years with evaluation after one year.
- A gross monthly salary in line with the Collective Agreement for Dutch Universities, between € 3111 and €4084 depending on experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% (annually).
- An attractive package of fringe benefits (including moving expenses and excellent sports facilities).
- Your detailed CV, including a list of publications and conference contributions.
- A brief motivation letter (max. 1 page) explaining your motivations, goals and research interests, and how they are aligned with this position.
- Name and contact details (email and phone) of two scientists able and willing to provide references.
The selectionprocedure starts immediately and the vacancy will stay open until it is filled.
For more information, contact Dr. Alberto G. Curto (A.G.Curto@tue.nl).
|Organization||Eindhoven University of Technology|
|Subject areas||Physics or Engineering (Chiral Nano-Optics): Nano-Optics/Nanophotonics, Metamaterials, Plasmonics, Optical Physics, Optical Chirality, or 2D materials|
|Fellowship amount||Between € 3111 and €4084|
|Deadline||Open until filled|
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is a research university specializing in engineering science & technology. Our education, research and knowledge valorization contribute to:
- science for society: solving the major societal issues and boosting prosperity and welfare by focusing on the Strategic Areas of Energy, Health and Smart Mobility
- science for industry: the development of technological innovation in cooperation with industry
- science for science: progress in engineering sciences through excellence in key research cores and innovation in education
- Address Netherlands
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,102)
- Europe (823)
- United Kingdom (545)
- Germany (510)
- United States (476)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (233)
- Denmark (197)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (172)
- Italy (141)
- France (102)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (94)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- China (42)
- Austria (41)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(290)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)