Welcome trust Seed Awards provide responsive, flexible funding, enabling researchers to develop a novel idea to a position where they would be able to be competitive for a larger award from the Wellcome Trust, or another source.
About the Program: Seed Awards are worth up to £100,000 and are normally for up to two years. They can provide funding for the direct costs of carrying out the research, including:
- Materials And Consumables
- Research Assistance
- Fieldwork and data collection
- Travel, including travel to meetings.
Welcome trust Awards are not intended to serve as short-term fellowships or to provide bridge funding. They cannot be used to pay your personal salary costs.
- Social Sciences
Requirements: To be eligible, you must:
- Hold an appointment at an eligible institution in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country;
- Not be based at a core-funded research institute;
- Receive personal salary support from your host institution for the duration of the award, which must not come from Wellcome Trust funding (e.g. Institutional Strategic Support Fund). Alternatively, you may hold a personal award or fellowship if this provides your salary but no substantive research expenses;
- Not have held substantive funding for research in the 12 months before the application closing date.
- You can only hold a Seed Award once in your career.
- We expect applicants to typically have completed a PhD or equivalent higher degree (e.g. an MD).
- If you are based in a low- or middle-income country in Sub-Saharan Africa, South-east Asia or South Asia (with the exception of India), you are eligible to apply if you fulfill the above eligibility criteria and are working within the Trust’s broad science funding remit.
How to apply
Please use online form to complete your application.
|Subject areas||Science, Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||up to £100,000|
|Eligibility||PhD or equivalent higher degree|
Register and apply here: Click here
Other Important Information: Click here
Apply for job
Wellcome Trust (UK): The trust work to improve health by funding great ideas.
Our funding schemes support individuals, teams, resources, seed ideas, places and major initiatives in these areas:
- biomedical science
- population health
- product development and applied research
- humanities and social science
- public engagement and creative industries
he Wellcome Trust is an independent, global charitable foundation (registered charity number 210183). Like all registered charities in England and Wales, Wellcome is regulated by the Charity Commission.
- Address United Kingdom