Postdoc Position in Super-resolution Imaging of Synaptic Function at the Washington University School of Medicine
Funded postdoc position with the emphasis on super-resolution imaging in application to synaptic function is available at the Washington University School of Medicine.
Overview: Research in this position will combine single-molecule imaging and other super-resolution microscopy techniques, with computational & molecular approaches to study
- Mechanisms of synaptic transmission at individual synapses
- Dysregulation in synaptic function in neurodevelopmental disorders, particularly Fragile X syndrome and autism.
- Qualified applicants are expected to hold a PhD degree in biophysics, physics, biomedical engineering, or neuroscience
- Extensive experience in imaging techniques and MATLAB programming.
- Trainee will work in a highly interactive multidisciplinary research environment at the University.
Benefits: Highly competitive salary and benefits are available and will commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should provide their CV and the names of two/three references via email to the following:
Vitaly Klyachko, PhD
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology
Washington University School of Medicine
University: Washington University School of Medicine
Salary: flexible, up to 58,000 + benefits
Discipline: Life Sciences, Biophysics, Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Physical Sciences, Nanotechnology, Optics and Laser Physics (Super-resolution Imaging of Synaptic)
Position Type: Full Time
Deadline: Not mentioned
Research Centers & Initiatives
- Cardiac Bioelectricity & Arrhythmia Center (CBAC)
- Center for Aerosol Science & Engineering (CASE)
- Center for Biological Systems Engineering (CBSE)
- Center for Biomedical Informatics
- Consortium for Clean Coal Utilization (CCCU)
- Center for Engineering MechanoBiology (CEMB)
- Center for Sensor Signal & Information Processing
- Institute of Materials Science & Engineering (IMSE)
- International Center for Energy, Environment & Sustainability (InCEES)
- The Nano Research Facility (NRF)
- McDonnell Academy Global Energy & Environment Partnership (MAGEEP)
- U.S.-India Joint Clean Energy Research & Development Center
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Systems Engineering
- Energy, Environmental & Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science
- Address United States