Postdoctoral position is available in Cancer research at the Norwegian Centre of Excellence, Centre for Cancer Biomarkers CCBIO.
At the newly established Norwegian Centre of Excellence, Centre for Cancer Biomarkers CCBIO, at Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, a (100%) temporary position as postdoctoral fellow is available for a period of three (3) years. The position is funded by the University of Bergen.
|Organization||Centre for Cancer Biomarkers CCBIO, at Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen|
|Salary||As per University norms|
|Deadline||14 February 2016|
Project description: The Postdoctoral Fellow is part of Program 2 in the project ”Protein biomarkers and Novel Targets in Aggressive Breast Cancer”, aiming towards –
- Identifying new biomarkers that reflect the micro-environmental complexity of human breast cancers, e.g. angiogenesis and related processes,
- Studying the interaction between cancer cells and the micro-environment, and how this influences aggressive tumor features and patient prognosis.
- The position will focus upon integrated protein studies and proteomic profiling of relevant cell line panels and human tissue samples from biobanks.
Qualifications and qualities
- Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent from a relevant field of research or have handed in the dissertation before the application deadline.
- Strong background within cancer biology or other cancer relevant medical fields
- Experience with modern molecular and morphological methods, e.g. proteomics and microarray studies, immuno-histochemistry, in situ hybridization and tissue microdissection, is desirable.
- Experience with PCR techniques and sequencing, Western Blot, ELISA and cell line work would be an advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Applicants must not be allergic towards animals and must be willing to work with animals used for animal experiments.
For further information about the position, please contact the Prof. Lars A. Akslen, + 47 55 97 31 82 / +47 55 97 31 73, email: Lars.Akslen@uib.no.
Application Procedure –
The application must contain:
- A brief letter of application stating your motivation for the position, why you are applying and why this position is perfect for you
- An overview of your education and work experience (CV)
- Witnessed copies of diplomas and relevant certificates (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose witnessed diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations)
- Complete list of publications
- Two referees (name and contact information)
The applications will be sent electronically to the assessment committee (See below).
Please notice that the applications will be assessed only with the information available in “JobbNorge” when the deadline expires. It is the applicant`s responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline.
Important: Please notice that applications sent by e-mail will not be considered.
Deadline: 14 February 2016