The Vienna School of International Studies invites applications for the appointment of a Postdoctoral Fellow in International Studies. Geared towards promoting the professional development of the appointee, selected candidate will focus on its own research and do a limited amount of graduate teaching.
Duration: 2 years
Starting date: 25 September 2017
- yearly salary (before taxes and social security contribution) between EUR 33.000 and 39.000 (depending on seniority and experience)
- Applicant must hold or expected to hold PhD degree in a relevant discipline Economics, History, Law, or Political Science.
- Applicant must essentially demonstrate record of research achievement at the international level, a strong agenda for future research and previous teaching experience, preferably at graduate level.
- Apply online
- Research agenda (5-10 pages)
- Teaching documentation (e.g. syllabi of courses taught, student evaluation of courses taught, statement on teaching philosophy, etc) may be sent to us by e-mail (email@example.com) or mail (Dr Elisabeth Hofer, Vienna School of International Studies, Favoritenstrasse 15a, 1040 Vienna, Austria).
- 3 letters of recommendation (e-mailed directly by your referees/dossier service, or mailed in a sealed envelope).
|Organization||Vienna School of International Studies|
|Subject areas||Economics, History, Law, Political Science|
|Fellowship amount||between EUR 33.000 and 39.000|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||16 April 2017|
More information about the position
The University of Vienna is subdivided into 15 faculties and 4 centres. 49 directorates of studies and the Studienpräses (officer responsible for the implementation of the study law) are responsible for the organisation of courses. In the area of administration, there are 16 divisions.
15 faculties & 4 centres
- Faculty of Catholic Theology (in German)
- Faculty of Protestant Theology (in German)
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics
- Faculty of Computer Science
- Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies (in German)
- Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies
- Faculty of Philosophy and Education
- Faculty of Psychology
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Mathematics
- Faculty of Physics
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Centre for Translation Studies (in German)
- Centre for Sport Science and University Sports
- Centre for Molecular Biology
- Centre for Teacher Education (in German)
- Address Austria