Umea University invites candidates for a postdoctoral position in statistics to join the group & to do research on methods to deal with non-ignorable dropout in studies of ageing.The Centre for Demographic & Ageing Research (CEDAR), (www.cedar.umu.se) is an interdisciplinary research unit for demographic & ageing research at Umea University. In the research programme “Paths to Healthy & Active Ageing”, financed by the FORTE –the Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life & Welfare, an interdisciplinary group of researchers explore key issues in contemporary ageing research, including the participation of the elderly & healthy ageing in a long-term perspective.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Candidate must hold a PhD degree in statistics or related area.
- Candidates who have defended their PhD thesis 3 years before the day of this job announcement will be preffered.
- Good skills in written & spoken English are required.
- Experience in R programming.
A complete application for the position must be written in English or Swedish & include:
- A brief description of the candidate’s interest in the position.
- V including full publication list
- Copies of diplomas & relevant publications.
- Names & contact information of 2 references.
Professor Gunnar Malmberg email: email@example.com.
Professor Xavier de Luna email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Important Information:
The application must be submitted by December 8 2016 at the latest, the employment may start 01-01 2017 or as agreed.
|Fellowship Level||Post doc|
|Fellowship amount||Monthly salary|
Apply for job
- Master's programmes
- Undergraduate programmes
- Exchange studies
- Online & distance learning
- Doctoral studies
- Cancer research,
- Diabetes research
- Sustainable use of natural resourses
- Care sciences
- Ageing research
- Ecosystem changes
- Environmental and resource economics
- Gender studies
- Global health
- Infection biology
- Light in science and technology
- Modelling living systems – Icelab
- Northern Studies
- Plant and forest biotechnology
- Solar fuels
- The dynamics, structure and function of proteins
- The environment’s chemistry – from molecules to the ecosystem
- Welfare studies