Erasmus University Rotterdam invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Health Economics.
About the project:
- The project will combine methods from genetics and social science, testing (i) whether children born into advantaged environments are better able to reach their genetic conditioned education potential, and (ii) whether privileged environments protect against genetic susceptibility to risky health behaviours, such as smoking and drinking.
- The Post-Doctoral Fellowship will exploit natural experiments to deal with possible endogeneity of the environment in GxE, using data such as the UK Biobank, the Estonian Biobank, Understanding Society, and the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC).
Duration: 3 years
- Applicant must hold strong quantitative skills and an ability to handle and manage micro data sets.
- Applicant must have obtained PhD in a quantitative subject, ideally in economics or a related discipline
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to write up research work for publication in high profile journals (reflected either by papers published or promising unpublished research papers) and engage in public dissemination of results is essential.
Starting date: March 1, 2018
Remuneration: as per accordance with scale 11 set by the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Salary: € 3.457 per month gross.
- Applications to be sent by mail or email with the following:
- Letter of application
- Example research paper
- 2 references with names and addresses
- Applications to be sent to Manuela Ettekoven-de Vaal, Department of Applied Economics, Tinbergen Building, P.O. Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||Erasmus University Rotterdam|
|Fellowship amount||€ 3.457 per month gross|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||01 November 2017|