Postdoctoral Researcher Position: Magnetic & Spintronic Materials, NIMS: Postdoctoral Researcher Position at Research Center for Magnetic and Spintronic Materials,NIMS, Japan
Research Center for Magnetic and Spintronic Materials (CMSM) carries out basic researches on magnetic and spintronic materials to make substantial contribution to saving energy in the IT sector.
In addition, the institute carries out basic researches for the development of high performance permanent magnets and soft magnetic materials for the hybrid and electric vehicles.
The center comprises of:-
- Magnetic Materials Group
- Magnetic Recording Materials Group
- Spintronics Group
- Spin Physics Group
- Spin Caloritronics Group
- Magnetic Materials Analysis Group and
- Elements Strategy Initiative Center for Magnetic Materials (ESICMM).
The centre has called for applications for the position of Post doc researcher on Processing and magnetic and structural characterizations of rare earth permanent magnets
It is a fixed term position.
Eligibility: A successful candidate must have:
- Ph.D. in Materials Science or Applied Physics with experimental skills for handling fine powders of rare earth magnetic alloys.
- Strong background on magnetism and magnetic materials
- Prior experience on macrostructure characterizations using SEM, TEM and FIB
- A successful candidate is expected to work on the development of rare earth magnets in collaboration with the members of the Elements Strategy Initiative Center for Magnetic Materials (ESICMM)
Starting Date: May or later. The date is negotiable as per the selected candidate.
Term: One year (renewable up to 5 years with annual evaluation).
Work place: NIMS Sengen Site (Tsukuba City, Ibaraki)
Work hours: 7 hours 45 minutes a day (negotiable as per the flex-time system)
Holiday: National Holidays, Saturday and Sunday
Compensation: Will be decided based on prior experience and skills according to NIMS regulations.
How to apply: Candidates should send the following documents to kazuhiro.hono=nims.go.jp (Please change “=” to “@”) by e-mail with the subject “Post Doc on Rare Earth Magnets”
- CV (with photo)
- List of publications
- Reprints of three selected papers
- Brief summary of past accomplishments
- Names and e-mail addresses of two references
Note: Documents once submitted will not be returned.
Selection: on the basis of the screening of documents and interview.
|Organization||Research Center for Magnetic and Spintronic Materials, affiliated to NIMS|
|Fellowship Level||Post doc|
|Subject Areas||Processing and magnetic and structural characterizations of rare earth permanent magnets Relations|
|Fellowship Amount||As Per NIMS regulations|
|Deadline||Until position is filled|
The research carried out at NIMS has two aspects, science and engineering. The goal of engineering research is to find ways to produce useful materials, while scientific research seeks to discover the physical principles underlying the properties of matter. NIMS specializes in carrying out research on materials. Our materials research is managed with the perspective of the next generation, in line with our theme “Materials research for creating tomorrow”.
- Address Japan