Postdoctoral Researcher Synchrotron X-ray characterization: Postdoctoral Researcher position Synchrotron X-ray characterization
National institute for Materials Science has its acronym as NIMS.
It aims to become the world’s leading materials research institute. It constantly is recruiting people with the real ability and motivation to contribute to this mission.
Available Position: Postdoctoral Researcher in Synchrotron X-ray characterization: XPS, XAFS etc.
Position Type: Fixed Term
Number of People required: 1
Organization: Research Network and Facility Services Division Synchrotron X-ray Station at SPring-8
- Analysis of electronic and nanometer-scale structures of metal alloy nano particles using advanced synchrotron techniques such as hard X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, XAFS, and total x-ray scattering at SPring-8.
- Collavorative researches related to a JST-ACCEL project.
- The eligible applicant must have a Ph.D. degree in the field of materials science or a related subject.
- The applicant is required to have adequate experience and knowledge about materials science and X-ray physics.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience of XPS and XAFS are desirable.
- Starting Date of the term: as early as possible after 1st October
- Term Duration: The term would be for 1 year. It may be renewed with annual evaluation)
Working Location: NIMS, National Institute for Materials Science, Harima-site (Hyogo, Japan)
- 7 hours 45 minutes a day
- Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays would be holidays
- Salary would be given as per NIMS norms
- National Insurance would also be provided.
How to Apply:
- The applicants can apply via email to the email mentioned below.
- The applicant should clearly mention that he/she is applying for the “Synchrotron X-ray characterization: XPS, XAFS etc” position.
- Curriculum Vitae with the applicant´s photo
- List of publications
- One A4 size page brief Summary of Research Accomplishments
- A write up on self-promotion. It should not be more than 1 Page / A4 Size
- PDF files of 3 main papers must also be included
- Name, affiliation, and contact details of at least two referees
- The application and documents once submitted will not be returned.
Selection process: Document screening followed by a successive interview
Application Deadline: Until the position is filled
|Organization||Research Network and Facility Services Division Synchrotron X-ray Station at SPring-8
|Fellowship Level||Postdoctoral Research position|
|Subject Areas||Synchrotron X-ray characterization: XPS, XAFS etc|
|Fellowship Amount||As per NIMS norms|
|Eligibility||Open for all|
|Deadline||Until the position is filled|
Dr. Osami Sakata
Synchrotron X-ray Station at SPring-8,
Research Network and Facility Services Division,
National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS)
SPring-8, 1-1-1 Kouto, Sayo-cho, Sayo-gun, Hyogo 679-5148
The research carried out at NIMS has two aspects, science and engineering. The goal of engineering research is to find ways to produce useful materials, while scientific research seeks to discover the physical principles underlying the properties of matter. NIMS specializes in carrying out research on materials. Our materials research is managed with the perspective of the next generation, in line with our theme “Materials research for creating tomorrow”.
- Address Japan