Two PhD studentships are available on project Privacy and Usability which is funded by Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network at University College London-Computer Science.
The project will fund 13 PhD studentships (3 of which hosted or co-hosted at UCL) with a duration of 36 months, starting August 2016. Students will be recruited and primarily based at the host institution but will spend a minimum of six months in secondment to another member of the consortium or a partner organization.
Position 1: (hosted at UCL): Privacy-Preserving Personal Genomic Testing
- Investigate how to securely and efficiently store genomic data, design and implementing privacy-preserving genomic testing, as well as support user-centered design of secure personal genomic applications.
- Guides: Emiliano De Cristofaro and George Danezis
Position 2: (hosted at UCL): Privacy of Personal Health Data
- Better understand and support individuals’ decision-making around healthcare data disclosure, weighing up personal and societal costs and benefits of disclosure. .
- Guides: Ann Blandford and M. Angela Sasse
- Candidates are expected to have at least a strong 2:1 (or equivalent mark) degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics/Human–Computer Interaction or a related master’s course.
- For position 1, solid engineering mathematics background and keenness to become fluent with security, privacy, modern cryptographic constructions is required.
- Sound software engineering, networking, and statistics background is necessary.
- For position 2, some familiarity in HCI, a motivation to engage with issues of data security and privacy, and an interest in healthcare will be advantageous.
- Experience of qualitative research methods is needed.
- Applicants must have not resided in the UK for more than 1 year between Aug 2013 and Aug 2016
- Applicants must have received the degree enabling them to enroll for a PhD program AFTER Aug 2012.
- English Language Requirements: provide recent evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the program.
|Organization||University College London (UCL)|
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Mathematics|
|Eligibility||Open for International Applicants|
|Deadline||30 June 2016|
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
University College London (UCL): UCL is one of the world’s leading universities, founded in London to open up education to all on equal terms.
Study at UCL
- Undergraduatee.g. BA, BSc, LLB, MEng
- Graduatee.g. MA, MSc, PGCE, PhD
- Life Learninge.g. short courses, CPD
Art, Design & Architecture
Basic Life Sciences
Collaborative Social Science
Communication, Language & Hearing
Dynamics of Civilisation
Heritage, History & CulturesHuman WellbeingInfection, Immunology & InflammationJustice & EqualityLanguage, Linguistics & Literature
Law & EnterpriseLondonMaterialsMedia, Communications & InformationMigrationNanotechnologyNeuroscienceOriginsPersonalised MedicinePopulations & Lifelong HealthPublic Policy & GovernanceReproduction & DevelopmentRisk & SecurityStem Cells & Regenerative MedicineSustainable CitiesSynthetic BiologySystems EngineeringThoughts, Beliefs & PhilosophyTransport
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,092)
- Europe (781)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (484)
- United States (444)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (156)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (94)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships