ICFO invites application for a postdoctoral position in experimental quantum non linear optics with cold atomic ensembles. The position is within the Quantum Photonics with solids & atoms group led by Prof. Hugues de Riedmatten. The group is active in experimental quantum optics & quantum information science. It focuses on the interaction between matter & quantum light in order to build photonic quantum memories & to develop the physical resources to implement quantum information networks & quantum repeaters.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Applicants must hold an internationally-recognized Ph.D.-equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) in a field related to experimental quantum physics, preferably with cold atoms.
- The applicant must have a proven track record of experimental research in quantum optics, experimental quantum information or atomic physics.
- Experience in manipulation of Rydberg atoms, laser cooling, ultra-high vacuum and photon counting technologies would be an desirable.
- Programming skills (Labview, Matlab, etc) would also be an advantage.
Suitable applicants are requested to submit:
– Presentation letter with a declaration of interest.
– CV, including full address, a contact phone number & e-mail address.
– The contact e-mail of 03 potential referees.
Applicants may contact email@example.com for informal enquiries regarding the application, as well as address scientific enquiries to Prof Hugues de Riedmatten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Deadline||Until positions are filled.|
Apply for job
The Institute carries out frontier research and trains the next generation of scientists and technologists. ICFO actively collaborates with many leading research centers, universities, hospitals, and a range of private companies based locally and all over the world. ICFO currently hosts 20 research groups working in more than 50 different laboratories.
Available to them are a Nanophotonics Fabrication lab, Super-Resolution Light Microscopy & Nanoscopy Lab, an Advanced Engineering Lab and a range of other support facilities. All research groups and facilities are located in a dedicated 10.000 m2 -building situated in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona.
- Address Spain