DAAD grants provide an opportunity to carry out research and continue education in Germany to the foreign academics and scientists. The aim of this programme is to support short-term research stays and promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues. This programme is for University teachers and established academics and scientists who have usually completed a PhD degree and work at a university or research institute in their home country.
Funding: Research stays at state or state-recognized institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany. Funding may only be claimed once within 3 years (lecture tours or visits to conferences are not funded).
Duration of the funding: 1-3 months; grant is non-renewable.
- 2,000 euros/month for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers,
- 2,150 euros/ month for professors
- Travel allowance
- academic achievements
- recent publications
- convincing and well-planned research project
- Applicants must have obtained their Doctorate.
- Applicants must be working at a university or institute of higher education in their home country.
- The research project must be coordinated with an academic host institute in Germany.
- Language skills: depends on the applicant’s study plans and subject; arts, social sciences and law scholars would need at least a good knowledge of German. For the natural sciences and engineering scholars, proof of good English language skills may also be accepted.
- April 15th: for stays between August (same year) and January (following year)
- October 15th: for stays between March and July (following year)
|Organization||German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||April 15th & October 15th|
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (Germany): Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst)International Programmes in Germany 2017: DAAD offers research grants to young foreign academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. This programme is intended to support doctoral projects in Germany.
DAAD offers more than 1916 Programmes in all fileds for international students.
- Business, Economics, Social Sciences, Law
- Languages & Cultural Studies
- Natural & Computer Sciences
- Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine
- Art & Music
- Address Germany
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,094)
- Europe (784)
- United Kingdom (509)
- Germany (486)
- United States (445)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (227)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (157)
- Italy (143)
- Canada (95)
- France (94)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships