To encourage future visionaries and thought leaders, the Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward have partnered to support a dynamic and transformative student exchange program between premier institutions in India and the US. The program is named in honor of S N Bose (1894 – 1974), a visionary Indian physicist best known for his work on quantum mechanics in the early 1920s. The class of particles that obey Bose-Einstein statistics, Bosons, was named after him.
Rationale of program:
- offer an opportunity to Indian students to experience world-class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- encourage and inspire students to take up research as a career;
- pave the way for the next generation of innovators and visionaries in science and technology to interact with each other, and;
- build long-term Research & Development linkages and collaborations cutting across boundaries around the globe
- Applicant must be Indian nationals currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters’ degree at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Applicant must be from the field of Atmospheric and Earth Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering Sciences; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and, Physical Sciences
Duration: The internship is 10-12 week program, tentatively scheduled to be held by mid of May to July 2016.
- Stipend- US $2000
- Airfare- Round trip (to be booked by IUSSTF travel desk)
- Health Insurance
- Applications to be submitted Online via Application Portal for Visitation Programs.
- Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
|Organization||Department of Science and Technology (DST)|
|Fellowship Level||Research award|
Atmospheric Sciences, Earth Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Computational Sciences, Physical Sciences
|Fellowship amount||US $2000|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 October 2017|
Dr. Nishritha Bopana
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road,
New Delhi – 110001,
The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. As a grant making organization, the principle objective of IUSSTF is to provide opportunities, to exchange ideas, information, skills and technologies, and to collaborate on scientific and technological endeavor of mutual interest that can translate the power of science for the benefit of mankind at large.
- Address United States