United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), UN Women invites applications for 2 positions of SDGs Internship the UN Women grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the UN.
Location: Cairo, EGYPT
Starting Date: 01-Oct-2017
Duration: initially 3 to 6 months
Assignment Duration: 6 months
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Produce research and policy briefs, draft publications, talking points, programme documents, etc.
- Draft brief summaries following meetings/workshops/conferences/seminars on women’s economic empowerment and political participation with different stakeholders.
- Compile and keep updated secondary data on women’s rights and gender equality across the region;
- Support the development and maintenance of the internal regional SDGs portal and assist in the mapping of resources for the Knowledge Library;
- Support the compilation of lessons learned and good practices on the SDGs;
- Provide support in event management and administration, as needed.
- Applicant must be pursuing/have completed academic studies in Business Management, Public Administration, Gender Studies, International Development, International Relations, Social Sciences or other similar subject at post graduate level;
- Applicant must be enrolled in a post graduate school programme/or recently graduated (second university degree, or equivalent);
- Applicant must be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Applicant must have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Applicant must possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English; Working knowledge of Arabic or French would be an advantage.
- UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest;
- Application must include the following:
- Internship application
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Proof of health insurance
- Graduation certificate or university senior year enrollment
- Passport application, and visa (if applicable).
|Organization||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
Business Management, Public Administration, Gender Studies, International Development, International Relations, Social Sciences
|Eligibility||Enrolled in post graduation in relevant subject|
|Deadline||15 September 2017|
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,091)
- Europe (780)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships