Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology, Government of India has recently approved the launch of SERB Overseas Doctoral Fellowship. Under the programme SERB will provide fellowship to Indian students graduating from Indian universities/ institutes to undertake PhD in areas of science, technology, engineering and medicine in academic institutions of international repute abroad.
About the program:
- build national capacity where the talent supply of researchers in areas of interest to the country is sub-critical
- Applicant must be an Indian national and have completed eligible degree in India (Bachelor/Post graduate) in Science or Engineering (including Medicine, Pharma, Agriculture and related Science & Technology areas) not earlier than preceding 2 years.
- Applicant must have got admission into PhD research program in specified areas in International top ranking universities.
- Materials, Energy, Sustainable Chemistry,
- Quantum Computing and Spintronics,
- Complex systems
- Theoretical Mathematical Science
- Big Data
- Mechanobiology / Physical Biology, Bio-energy, Genetic to Physiology, Mental Health,
- High Performance Computation in Physics,
- Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics,
- Humanoid Robotics,
- Cognitive Science,
- Mechnotronics, Advanced Manufacturing, Cyber security,
- Encryption and decryption,
- Petroleum and Petro-Chemical Engineering,
- Science of Climate Change, Glaciology, Modeling, Imaging,
- Algorithms and Combinatorial Optimizations
Fellowship value: US $24,000/annum; Contingency/Preparatory allowance of Rs. 60,000/- (one time); return Airfare (Economy) will be given to every fellow.
Duration: 4 years; the fellowship can be extended for one more year (in exceptional cases)
Partner Universities (MoU): Tentative positions
- Cambridge University, London, UK (Cambridge India Ramanujan Fellowship): 5 places
- The University of British Columbia, Canada: 5 places
- Stanford University, California: 10 places
- University of Southern California, Los Angles: 5 places
- Carnegie Mellon University, USA: 5 places
- Applicant needs to apply directly to the top ranking Universities and secure a place following their own selection procedure.
- The Universities listed above will intimate SERB the details of the selected students. SERB will make a final selection of a specified number of students for doctoral research.
|Organization||Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)|
|Subject areas||Science and technology|
|Fellowship amount||US $24,000/annum|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
One of the most notable developments in the S&T sector in the XI Plan has been the setting up of the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) through an Act of Parliament, viz. the Science and Engineering Research Board Act, 2008. Promoting basic research in Science and Engineering and to provide financial assistance to persons engaged in such research, academic institutions, research and development laboratories, industrial concerns and other agencies for such research and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto are the primary and distinctive mandate of the Board.
Schemes & Programs
- Extra Mural Research Funding (Individual Centric)
- High Risk High Reward Research (HRHR)
- Industry Relevant R & D (IRRD)
- Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in science (EMEQ)
- Intensification of Research in High Priority Area (IRHPA)
- Ayurvedic Biology Program
- International Travel Support (ITS)
- Assistance to Professional Bodies & Seminars/Symposia
- Start-up grant for Young Scientists(YSS)
- Address India