Silesian University Masters Scholarships: Silesian University Masters Scholarships: Czech Republic, 2017-2018
The students enrolled in the Master in Business Economics and Management program at Silesian University are invited to apply for the scholarships.
The scholarship is aimed to award outstanding achievement and to attract students of the highest caliber from around the world.
Level of Study: Master degree program.
- Economics and Management
- Business Economics and Management
- Marketing and Trade.
Scholarship Award details:
- 5 talented and best foreign students would be awarded a one-time scholarship of 50.000 CZK
- Merit-based scholarship
Around 10 merit-based scholarships each semester would be given. The scholarship amount would be 10.000 CZK (approx. 370 EURO).
- It will be awarded to students with best grade point average not exceeding the value 1.7.
In case less than 10 students achieve the grade point average lower than 1.7 the total amount of scholarship 100.000 CZK will be equally divided among awarded students.
For Example: if 5 students achieve the grade point average lower than 1.7, then each of them will receive the merit-based scholarship of 20.000 CZK.
- Scholarship Program for Foreigners/asylum seekers
In order to support the studies of foreigners/asylum seekers in degree programs taught in English at the Silesian University in Opava in the academic year 2017/2018 an extraordinary scholarship program is also in place.
- This scholarship will be granted to:-
- Students who were provided international protection in the form of asylum or complementary protection under the Act no. 325/1999 Coll., on asylum, as amended.
- Who are based on the international obligations of the Czech Republic, should be viewed as asylum seekers or exiles, or people in a similar situation such as asylum seekers.
- The application would be required to be submitted by the student in writing to the appropriate office, which administers his/her study agenda, by the deadline of 31 October 2017 at the latest.
- The scholarship is earmarked for the payment of fees associated with studies for the degree program taught in a foreign language.
- Head of the respective part of the university specifies the amount with particular regard to the economic demands of studies, the cost of quality assurance of studies and their administration with regard to the current situation in a similar field of education.
- The scholarship will be paid as a single payment.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Scholarship can be taken in the Czech Republic
The student must be citizen of the country classified as:
- low-income economy by the actual classification of the World Bank (http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups)
- The student should have achieved outstanding results in bachelor degree studies.
- The student must prove with the help of proper documents
- the extracurricular activities and community service record (studies abroad; activities in student and/or academic organizations)
- participation in projects and scientific events
- activities in non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, charity organizations and
- business-related activities
- During the first semester of studies at the SBA the student must earn at least 31 ECTS credits.
- The scholarship would be awarded only once during the studies
- Proof of English language proficiency should be submitted by the students whose first language is not English
Nationality: The scholarship is open for all nationalities.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: April 18, 2018
|Fellowship Level||Masters degree program|
|Subject Areas||Listed above|
|Eligibility||As listed above|
|Deadline||18th April 2018|
Masters All Country, Australia, Austria, California, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Norway, Open for all countries, Spain, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States