Simons Fuundation Grants: Postdoc and colaborative Fellowships
The Simons collaboration is now inviting applications for postdoctoral fellowships to support researchers who intend to work on fields related to the origins of life at labs or research institutions in any country.
Applications from all origins-related disciplines are encouraged.
- Applicants should have awarded their Ph.D. or equivalent degree within five years of the fellowship’s commencing date.
- Applications may be submitted from scientists in domestic and foreign nonprofit organizations; public and private institutions, such as colleges, universities, hospitals, laboratories and units of state and local government; and eligible agencies of the federal government.
- All national candidates can apply for the fellowship.
- Postdocs in currently funded SCOL Investigator labs are ineligible to apply.
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences Funding
Term: 3 years, depending upon continued research on the topic as evaluated by annual progress reports.
Stipend: The annual stipend will be $55,000 USD. The stipend may be supplemented by host institution or mentoring PI. There will be up to a $10,000 allowance for health insurance or equivalent insurance in the country in which the fellow’s institution is located, for the fellow and his or her family.
Biosketches of the mentoring PI and postdoctoral fellow applicant, including publications
Technical and lay abstracts
- A signed letter of acceptance from the mentoring Principal Investigator (PI)
- Narrative that addresses one or more of the ten key questions to the proposed work. The narrative should not exceed two pages (excluding references and figures) and must include:
- specific objectives,
- significance of the work to origins of life and
- research design and methods.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation, from either current or former advisors (other than the mentoring PI). Confidential letters of recommendation must be submitted through proposalCENTRAL(see instructions document in proposalCENTRAL) by proposed deadline.
Program inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative inquiries: email@example.com | 646-751-1280
Technical assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org | 800-875-2562
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Mathematics, Physical Sciences|
For further information: CLICK