Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) offers the Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA). SIPGA supports short-term research attachments for top international students. The award is eligible for students pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Application are invited by international students in Biomedical, Science and Engineering related disciplines
- Applicant must be undergraduate students in their IIIrd or IVth year, or Master students
- Monthly stipend of $1,500
Duration: minimum 2 months to a maximum 6 months.
- Interested students may go through A*STAR Research Institutes (RIs) and Consortia for attachment opportunities.
- Applicant must contact A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia directly for attachment opportunities.
- Submit the following supporting documents through email to the researcher of the Research Institute that you would like to be attached to:
- Transcripts of Bachelor and Master Studies (if any)- English-Translated
- Copy of Identity Certificate/ Passport
- Recommendation letter (if any)
- Proposed start and end date of attachment
- 15 Feb
- 15 April
- 15 June
- 15 Aug
- 15 Oct
- 15 Dec
|Organization||Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)|
|Subject areas||Biomedical, Science, Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Monthly stipend of $1,500|
|Eligibility||Open to International students|
|Deadline||Upcoming date is August 15th|
Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
PhD training provided by the organization is carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD.
Selected students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers from these labs. Upon successful completion of the tenure, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
- Open for application by all international students
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- Address Singapore