SNSF Early Postdoc Mobility fellowships: These fellowships (grants) are intended to support young dynamic researchers, who wish to carry out a research stay abroad to enhance their scientific profile, specially in Switzerland.
- The place of research must be different from the place of education.
- Applicants must have recently received their PhD degree from ETH Zurich or intend to do so, within the next 9 months.
- Applications are invited from all disciplines.
- Early Postdoc Mobility fellowships are awarded for a duration of 18 months or – in justified cases – for a min. of 12 months.
Key dates: There are two annual submission deadlines are March 1 and September 1.
Proposals must be submitted electronically (online) via mySNF.
For a full application, the following documents are mandatory:
- The research plan: this should be written in English and include the description of the
- research project,
- schedule of the project,
- reason for the choice of host institution,
- relevance for personal career development,
- planned publications.
- The invitation letter: an acceptance letter from the host
- Two reference letters: these are confidential and must be signed; The reference letters must be requested via mySNF.
Selection / Evaluation
The ETH Zurich Research Commission will be responsible for the scientific evaluation of applications and for awarding the fellowships. The evaluation is based on the submitted proposal. The following evaluation criteria will be applied:
- the quality, originality and topicality of the research project
- the scientific track record of the candidate;
- the personal aptitude of the applicants for a scientific career;
- working conditions of the applied / intended research institute,
Proposals must be submitted via the electronic web portal (See the link below)
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship||As per norms|
|Eligibility||PhD degree holders|
|Deadline||March and September yearly|
Apply for job
Switzerland: Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF): Knowledge is the key to the future. In its mission statement, the SNSF describes how it aims to act in the best interests of researchers, political authorities, the general public and its own employees. It defines the ambitions and values informing its work.
Temporary ERC Backup Schemes
Sinergia – interdisciplinary, collaborative, breakthrough
Type Of Funding
Innovations in career funding
AP Energy Grants
- Address Switzerland