PhD position: Surfaces for biosensing with single-molecule resolution (V34.2929) at the The group Molecular Biosensing for Medical Diagnostics at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
Reference number: V34.2929
The position is in the area of molecular biosensing with single-molecule resolution.
The Project involves
- The engineering of molecular constructs for sensing applications (using protein, nucleic-acid, and protein-DNA technologies),
- Methods to biofunctionalize nanoparticles,
- Development of novel single-molecule measurement methods, optical microscopies, particle characterization techniques, plasmonic effects, particle actuation principles, signal processing, and simulations.
- The research leads to novel methods for molecular biosensing, insights into protein function within complex and crowded environments, and novel routes into point-of-care and patient monitoring applications.
The PhD position is part of a collaboration between TU/e, Wageningen University & Research Centre (WUR), and six companies: Philips, Future Diagnostics, HyTest, Scienion, Stratec, and Synaffix. The PhD project at TU/e focuses on the development, characterization and understanding of surfaces for biosensing with single-molecule resolution.
- An MSc program or who already have an MSc degree, in Chemistry, Physics, Biomedical Engineering, or Nanotechnology.
- An interest in Physical Chemistry or Biophysics is required. Experience in advanced microscopies or single-molecule methods is a plus.
Conditions of employment
- A challenging job at a dynamic and ambitious University and in an enthusiastic team.
- An appointment (1 fte) as a PhD-student for four years, starting date: as soon as possible.
- Gross monthly salaries are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities (CAO NU), increasing from
€ 2191 per month initially, to € 2801 in the fourth year.
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, end of the year allowance and sports facilities.
More information can be obtained from Prof. M.W.J. Prins, Molecular Biosensing for Medical Diagnostics, Dept. of Applied Physics and Dept. of Biomedical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology. Phone +31 40 274 4018, email@example.com.
|Organization||FOM Institute , Department of Applied Physics, Eindhoven University of Technology,|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Physics, Biomedical Engineering, or Nanotechnology.|
|Salary||As per University regulations|
|Eligibility||Masters with aforesaid disciplines|
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is a research university specializing in engineering science & technology. Our education, research and knowledge valorization contribute to:
- science for society: solving the major societal issues and boosting prosperity and welfare by focusing on the Strategic Areas of Energy, Health and Smart Mobility
- science for industry: the development of technological innovation in cooperation with industry
- science for science: progress in engineering sciences through excellence in key research cores and innovation in education
- Address Netherlands
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,091)
- Europe (780)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships