Department of Science & Technology (Government of India) had instituted a scheme titled “SwarnaJayanti Fellowships” to memorialize India’s 50th year of Independence. Under the SwarnaJayanti Fellowships scheme a selected number of young scientists, with outstanding track record, are provided special assistance and support to enable them to carry out their research in frontier areas of science and technology.
Duration: 5 years
- Fellowship: Rs. 25,000/- per month for full duration of fellowship
- Fellowship grants for equipments, computational facilities, consumables, contingencies, national and international travel and other special requirements (if any)
- Applicant must hold PhD in Science/ Engineering/ Medicine and should not be drawing Fellowship from any other Scheme of Government of India.
- Applicant (Scientists) must be active in the frontier area of science and engineering with exceptional contributions in the form of research publications and/ or patents, peer recognition from scientific community, awards etc. in his/ her area of research.
- Applications are open to Indian Nationals having a regular position in a recognized Indian academic/research organization.
- Applicant must fall in the age group of 30 to 40 years as on December 31, 2016.
- Applications for the Fellowships are invited from eligible candidates in the prescribed format.
- The candidates may be required to submit further additional information as required and present the project idea before final selection.
- Only one hard copy duly forwarded and one soft copy of the complete application (to be sent over email in pdf format as a single file without annexures) in the prescribed format along with the project document should be submitted to:
Jacob V. V.
Department of Science & Technology,
Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi – 110 016.
|Organization||Department of Science & Technology (Government of India)|
|Subject areas||Science and Technology|
|Fellowship amount||Rs. 25,000/- per month|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||April 15th, 2017|
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
Department of Science & Technology (DST) was established in May 1971, with the objective of promoting new areas of Science & Technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organising, coordinating and promoting S&T activities in the country. The Department has major responsibilities for specific projects and programmes as listed below:
- Formulation of policies relating to Science and Technology.
- Matters relating to the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Cabinet (SACC).
- Promotion of new areas of Science and Technology with special emphasis on emerging areas.
- Research and Development through its research institutions or laboratories for development of indigenous technologies concerning bio-fuel production, processing, standardization and applications, in co-ordination with the concerned Ministry or Department;
- Research and Development activities to promote utilization of by-products to development value added chemicals.
- Coordination and integration of areas of Science & Technology having cross-sectoral linkages in which a number of institutions and departments have interest and capabilities.
- Undertaking or financially sponsoring scientific and technological surveys, research design and development, where necessary.
- Support and Grants-in-aid to Scientific Research Institutions, Scientific Associations and Bodies.
- Matters commonly affecting Scientific and technological departments/organisations/ institutions e.g. financial, personnel, purchase and import policies and practices.
- Management Information Systems for Science and Technology and coordination thereof.
- Matters regarding Inter-Agency/Inter-Departmental coordination for evolving science and technology missions.
- Matters concerning domestic technology particularly the promotion of ventures involving the commercialization of such technology other than those under the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- All other measures needed for the promotion of science and technology and their application to the development and security of the nation.
- Matters relating to institutional Science and Technology capacity building including setting up of new institutions and institutional infrastructure.
- Promotion of Science and Technology at the State, District, and Village levels for grass- roots development through State Science and Technology Councils and other mechanisms.
- Application of Science and Technology for weaker sections, women and other disadvantaged sections of Society.
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,132)
- Europe (827)
- United Kingdom (531)
- Germany (500)
- United States (469)
- Norway (243)
- Switzerland (239)
- Australia (229)
- Denmark (193)
- Sweden (190)
- Netherlands (166)
- Italy (144)
- Canada (98)
- France (97)
- Spain (96)
- Japan (82)
- Belgium (73)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (67)
- Austria (43)
- New Zealand (43)
- China (40)
- Singapore (39)
- Poland (36)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(128)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(55)
- Research Associate(334)
- Research Awards(284)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(364)
- Travel Grants(62)