ICFO invites candidates for a postdoctoral position in Theoretical Plasmonics & Nanophotonics. The successful applicant will be joining the recently recognized Theoretical Nanophotonics research group led by Prof. Javier Garcia de Abajo. The group has experience in theoretical modeling in the areas of plasmonics, nanophotonics, & electron-microscopy spectroscopies. The applicant will participate in on-going projects of the group & develop novel research ideas in any of the areas mentioned above or new promising opportunities, & closely interact with leading experimental coworkers in these fields.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Applicants should have an internationally-recognized Ph.D.-equivalent degree in theoretical physics or electrical engineering.
- Applicant must hold an additional expertise in plasmonics/nanophotonics, condensed-matter physics, & quantum physics.
- Applicant must have an experience in analytical mathematical methods & in the development of numerical simulation tools.
The eligible candidates are requested to submit:
– Presentation letter with a declaration of interest,
– Curriculum Vitae, including full address, a contact phone number & e-mail address,
– The contact & e-mail of 2 potential references.
Register and apply here:
The application must be submitted online via http://jobs.icfo.eu.
Prof Javier Garcia de Abajo at Javier.GarciaDeAbajo@icfo.eu.
|Subject areas||Photonic Science|
|Deadline||Until positions are filled.|
Apply for job
The Institute carries out frontier research and trains the next generation of scientists and technologists. ICFO actively collaborates with many leading research centers, universities, hospitals, and a range of private companies based locally and all over the world. ICFO currently hosts 20 research groups working in more than 50 different laboratories.
Available to them are a Nanophotonics Fabrication lab, Super-Resolution Light Microscopy & Nanoscopy Lab, an Advanced Engineering Lab and a range of other support facilities. All research groups and facilities are located in a dedicated 10.000 m2 -building situated in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona.
- Address Spain
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (62)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships