ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius offers a scholarship programme Trajectories of Change, a PhD scholarship programme in Humanities and Social Sciences. The programme addresses historical and current transformation processes in the European neighbourhood.
- structural features of the public sphere: access to information, channels, drivers and voices
- old and new media
- reconfigurations of the communication landscape on local, national and transnational level
- language politics and practice
- hate speech, othering and stereotyping
- ideology and legitimation in the authoritarian politics
- state control of public discourse, repression and censorship
- articulation of interests and values in the language of politics
- civil society, public sphere and democratic renewal
- new forms of political and social activism
- Applicant must hold a university degree that qualifies for PhD studies.
- Applicant must provide proof of this qualification with the application.
- Students applying for the pre-doctoral grants must expect to complete their degree in the same year.
Application to be submitted in English. Application must contain the following:
- Research proposal (for PhD students: max. 7 pages; for pre-doctoral candidates: 3-5 pages) outlining the dissertation project
- Research plan with the time schedule (max. 2 pages)
- Copy of the university degree
- CV with the photo
- 2 letters of reference (by university professors to be submitted through the electronic system provided by the Foundation).
- Stipend: € 1,200 per month; paid in three-monthly instalments, payable in advance
- Added payments for married scholarship holders will not be granted by the Foundation. The stipend is paid in three-monthly installments.
- Fieldwork Grants support travel costs as well as research expenses and add up to max. € 3,000
|Organization||ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius|
|Subject areas||Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||€ 1,200 per month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||27 July 2017|