University Grants Commission (UGC) offers Ishan Uday Scholarship scheme for North Eastern Region.
Rationale of the scholarship:
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation
Number of scholarships: 10,000
Eligible degree courses: Technical and professional courses; medical and para-medical courses
- Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized as under:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
- To be eligible for this scholarship applicant must be student of first year Under-graduation.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
- For integrated degree courses: tenable for the complete duration of the course.
- For dual degree courses: tenable for the first degree only
- To avail the scholarship: income of the parents of the student must not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
- Scholarship amount: Rs.5400/- per month for General Degree courses and Rs. 7800/- per month for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
|Organization||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
Technical and professional courses, Medical and para medical courses
|Fellowship amount||Varies for different courses|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 October 2017|
University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, India: UGC governs the central and state universities of India along with various research labs and centers. It is the major funding agency by the government of India.
Scholarship/Fellowship by UGC University Grants Commission:
1. Emeritus Fellowship
2. Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship In Humanities And Social Sciences
3. Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates
4. Post Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates
5. Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences
6. Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC Candidate
7. National Fellowship for Higher Education of ST Students
8. National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities
9. Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students
10. National Fellowship for OBC Candidate
11. Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
12. Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder
13. Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates
14. “Ishan Uday” for North Eastern Region
15. Research Awards for the Teachers
16. Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research for Indian Scholars in USA
17. Major Research Project (MRP)
18. Special Assitance Programme (SAP)
19. Minor Research Project For UGC Regional Office
- Address India