University Grants Commission (UGC) has initiated a scheme of Post-Doctoral Fellowship for Women, who are unemployed and holding PhD degree in their respective subject areas
Duration: 5 years; cannot be extended further
Number of fellowships: 100 per year
- Applicant must be unemployed.
- Applicant must have been awarded the Doctoral degree (Provisional Certificate may be accepted in case the degree is not awarded).
- Applicant must not exceed 55 years of age (age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD, Persons with Disabilities for 5 years).
- Applicant must have scored minimum 55% of marks at UG level and minimum 60% of marks at PG level (in case of general category); minimum 50% of marks at UG level and minimum 55% of marks at PG level (reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PWD)).
- Applicants must upload the No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the proposed research centre duly signed by the HOD and Registrar/Principal/ Director of the University/College/Institute.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme (the reservation shall be followed as per the Govt. of India norms).
- Fellowship: Rs. 38,800/-per month; Rs. 46,500/- per month after two years.
- Contingency: Rs. 50,000/-p.a. for five years
- Escorts/Reader: Rs. 2000/- p.m. (fixed) in cases of PWD (Person with disability)
- Applications are invited through online mode once in a year through advertisement in leading newspapers & employment news.
- Short notification is also uploaded in the UGC website
|Organization||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Rs. 38,800/-per month|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||Varies (to be announced soon)|
University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, India: UGC governs the central and state universities of India along with various research labs and centers. It is the major funding agency by the government of India.
Scholarship/Fellowship by UGC University Grants Commission:
1. Emeritus Fellowship
2. Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship In Humanities And Social Sciences
3. Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates
4. Post Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates
5. Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences
6. Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC Candidate
7. National Fellowship for Higher Education of ST Students
8. National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities
9. Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students
10. National Fellowship for OBC Candidate
11. Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
12. Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder
13. Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates
14. “Ishan Uday” for North Eastern Region
15. Research Awards for the Teachers
16. Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research for Indian Scholars in USA
17. Major Research Project (MRP)
18. Special Assitance Programme (SAP)
19. Minor Research Project For UGC Regional Office
- Address India