University Grants Commission (UGC)
University Grants Commission (UGC) has introduced a scheme of Post-Doctoral Fellowship for Women to those candidates, who are unemployed holding doctoral degree in their respective subject areas. The fellowship aims to speed up the talented instincts of the women candidates to carry out the higher studies and research.
Duration: 5 years (no extension).
Number of fellowships: 100 every year.
- The applicant must not be employed.
- The applicant must have been awarded the Doctoral degree to be eligible to apply (Provisional Certificate may be accepted in case the degree is not awarded).
- Age: upper age limit is 55 years of age. There shall be age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD (Persons with Disabilities for 5 years.
- Applicant must have scored minimum 55% of marks at UG level and minimum 60% of marks at PG level (general category).
- Applicant must have scored minimum 50% of marks at UG level and minimum 55% of marks at PG level (reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PWD).
- Applicants applying for postdoc fellowship must upload the NOC from the proposed research centre duly signed by the HOD and Registrar/Principal/ Director of the University/College/Institute.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per the Govt. of India norms.
- Fellowship: Rs.38,800/per month for fresh candidates; Rs.46,500/p.m. after two years.
- Contingency A: Rs.50,000/-p.a. 5 years
- Escorts/Reader assistance: 2000/- p.m. (fixed) in cases of PWD (Person with disability)
- HRA: Post-Doctoral Fellowship provided with accommodation in hostel recognized/ maintained by the institutions may be reimbursed the hostel fee, excluding mess, electricity, water charges, etc.
|Organization||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|
|Deadline||8th Aug 2016|
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, India: UGC governs the central and state universities of India along with various research labs and centers. It is the major funding agency by the government of India.
Scholarship/Fellowship by UGC University Grants Commission:
1. Emeritus Fellowship
2. Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship In Humanities And Social Sciences
3. Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates
4. Post Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates
5. Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences
6. Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC Candidate
7. National Fellowship for Higher Education of ST Students
8. National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities
9. Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students
10. National Fellowship for OBC Candidate
11. Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
12. Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder
13. Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates
14. "Ishan Uday" for North Eastern Region
15. Research Awards for the Teachers
16. Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research for Indian Scholars in USA
17. Major Research Project (MRP)
18. Special Assitance Programme (SAP)
19. Minor Research Project For UGC Regional Office
- Address India