University of Bern (UniBE) offers young scholars a stimulating research environment with excellent infrastructure and a diverse range of subjects in which they can deepen their knowledge. As part of the implementation of the 2021 strategy as it relates to support for young researchers and to the university’s internationalization the Vice-Rectorate Development offers up to 15 Doctoral Positions for upcoming, international scholars
- Applications are open to highly motivated graduates of master’s programmes who have excelled in any discipline that is available at the University of Bern.
- Applicants must have completed all of their studies-to-date outside of Switzerland, and achieved outstanding grades in their master’s degree.
- Applicant must have attained master’s degree not more than 3 years ago.
Duration: The positions are limited to 3 years
Starting date: before 1st of January 2018
Value: Payment is according to the regulations of the Swiss National Fund (SNF). A prerequisite for the application process however, is that a doctoral supervisor from the University of Bern is prepared to cover 50% of the wages for the 3 year period.
The application is made in consultation with the supervisor in either German, English or French.
- Applications with all relevant documents to be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form
- Copy of ID
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of academic qualifications
- Certification from the university from where master’s degree was attained that applicant has permission to engage in doctoral studies.
- Certificates for relevant language skills.
- An outline of planned dissertation (maximum 5000 characters including spaces).
- List of publications (if available).
- Confirmation from the supervisor at the University of Bern (use the form “Confirmation of Supervisor”).
- A letter from your supervisor stating: applicant’s potential as a PhD student and the quality of research project.
|Organization||University of Bern|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to International students|
|Deadline||14 May 2017|
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
University of Bern: UniBE offers Masters, PhD programs along with short courses.
Center for Cognition, Learning and Memory (CCLM)
Center for Fish and Wildlife Health (FIWI)
Center for Global Studies (CGS)
Center for Regional Economic Development (CRED)
Center for Space and Habitability (CSH)
Center for the Study of Language and Society (CSLS)
Center of Competence for IT and Law
Center of Comptetence for Public Management
Centre for Development and Environment (CDE)
Centre for University Continuing Education
Clinic and Policlinic for Anaesthesiology and Pain Therapy
Clinic for Ruminants
Clinic of Angiology
Clinic of Cardiology
Clinic of Cardiovascular Surgery
Clinic of Craniomaxillofacial Surgery
Clinic of Dermatology
Clinic of Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders (ENT)
Clinic of General Internal Medicine
Clinic of Gynaecology
Clinic of Haematology and Central Haematological Laboratory
Clinic of Infectiology
Clinic of Intensive Care Medicine
Clinic of Medical Oncology
Clinic of Nephrology, Hypertension
Clinic of Neurology
Clinic of Neurosurgery
Clinic of Nuclear Medicine
Clinic of Ophthalmology
Clinic of Orthopaedic Surgery
Clinic of Osteoporosis
Clinic of Paediatric Medicine
Clinic of Paediatric Surgery
Clinic of Plastic and Hand Surgery
Clinic of Pneumology
Clinic of Radiation Oncology
Clinic of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergology
Clinic of Thoracic Surgery
Clinic of Urology
Clinic of Visceral Surgery and Medicine