University of British Columbia (UBC) offers the University Doctoral Fellowship (UDF) program to support bright international students who are starting UBC-V Doctoral programs.
Fellowship value: $30,000 stipend; tuition for four years and a minimum $18,000 funding package (from the recipient’s supervisor/department/Faculty, comprising awards, teaching assistantships and/or research assistantships) for the fifth year.
Duration of funding: 5 years
Number of fellowships offered: Approx. 35 fellowships each year
- Applicant must hold a valid student visa while commencing their UBC doctoral program
- Applicant must be starting a UBC-V doctoral program in January, May or September 2017.
- For fast-track students (who advance / transfer from a Master’s to a doctoral program without completing their Master’s degree), the effective date of transfer to the doctoral program must be January, May or September 2017.
There are 2 routes to apply, these are:
Route A: Submitting New Application for PhD Or DMA Admission
- Applicant must submit a University Doctoral Fellowship application form.
- 2 reference letters
- Transcripts from the online admission application
Route B: Fast-Track / Transfer from Master’s Program to PhD Program (No Admission Application)
- Applicant will have to submit 2 references
- UDF application
- Transcripts (provided by the graduate program from their files) will comprise the nomination file to be considered by the graduate program.
- Deadlines vary by graduate program and range from late November 2016 to mid-January 2017
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||$30,000 stipend + tuition|
|Eligibility||Open to International students|
For Further Details: Click